Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Basketball Approaches :)

The L.A. Lakers and Duke Blue Devils possess my heart during the next several months and I am completely okay with it. I am fully aware of why these two teams are the greatest in pro and college basketball and after reading this you should be, too.

First, let's begin with King Kobe and his glorious Lakers. I mean I could stop with Kobe Bryant and that would be reason enough, but I am a huge fan of fundamentals players. Derick Fisher, Lamar Odom, and Luke Walton are some of my favorites. DFish is so unbelievably underrated and I'm calling all sports fans out. He is an amazing clutch player as we've seen during the finals whether it was with the Lakers or the Jazz. Lamar Odom may eat way too much candy, but his sugar rushes provide the team with their much needed energy boosts down the stretch. No one can turn a game around quicker than Lamar with his charismatic smile accompanied by a slamming dunk. Luke Walton gets a rough deal because he is always being measured against his talented father. However, Luke-y Baby is a gifted passer and really understands how to utilize the triangle to the best advantage of his team. He is my personal favorite! Sasha Vujacic now has a new 'do' and with his peripherial view no longer blocked by his luscious locks he is sure to become an even bigger threat on the defensive end. This tazmanian devil on 'd' intimidates the surest of stars. Now, with Ron Artest to bring not only his killer attitude, but killer shooting ability as well is a definite positive for my team. Phil Jackson is the Zen Master and should be able to make 11 his lucky number this season. Plus let's not forget that Kobe 'Freaking' Bryant is leading this excellent team. He is a beast of a player and fans from all teams love to watch this champion perform. MVP chants will start early this season as his talent is untameable and his drive unstoppable. You can't mention the Lakers without recognizing their dedicated mascot Jack Nicholson. Here's Johnny! This cast of greats is going to make for a championship team for sure this season :)

I love the Blue Devils for their passion for the game. They are always a small team in stature, but their potential is large. Coach Mike Krzyzewski is the greatest coach in college basketball today. Sorry Roy. There is a reason he is asked to coach the USA Men's team every 4 years, just saying. Aside from the astute wisdom of Coach K, the Blue Devils have a promising list of players this season. Back for his Senior year is Jon Scheyer and his partner in the paint Kyle Singler. The shot of Scheyer with the stamina and strength of Singler is an unmatched combination. Also in the mix are Nolan Smith and Lance Thomas. Smith provides a much needed leadership and cool collectedness to keep the Devils focused. Thomas gives this team its defensive prescence as he takes numerous charges and maintains energy levels on the other side of the court. If Zoubek can refine his skills and improve his quickness, then this Blue Devil team will be a force to be reckoned with.

Let the gloriousness begin!

5 comments:

  1. A Lakers fan, hmm. I'm a Celtics fan. So that makes us basketball enemies. grr.
    And Duke, teams ok and she's got history. I love the Memphis Tigers, they got all the talent but they are always just too young and don't have enough experience. It seems that the everyone hates on them, or leaves them empty-handed whenever they get something going for themselves. Like Coach Cal and his mess. You should do another post about basketball like this year's March Madness. Just hope Ohio and Kentucky gets upset. Was hoping for Memphis, but know watching next fav team Wisconsin to win it all. Just need to get past Butler who seems to be on a roll. Who do you have in your brackets and did you play ball in high school?

    Anonymous ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous ME! I did play basketball from age 8 to 16 (sadly I got cut Jr. year b/c I am not very fast lol). I had Duke going all the way out of loyalty and that was crushed tonight! I should do another basketball post since I love it so much! Thank you for your comments, it's nice to know there are other basketball lovers out there, even if you like the gross green of the Celtics. I may hate them, but I appreciate their talent...and will say that Garnett and Pierce are phenomenal (just not as good as Kobe) haha
    -Laura Caylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it, ousted by Butler. Don't care who wins now just as long as the Ohio Buckeyes lose. I think I hate them cause they have a nut as their mascot and end up as a number one seed almost every year, either in football or basketball. Crazy. I played ball from seventh grade till senior year, but not juniour year. I can tell you right now that I sucked big time, but I had a blast every season. What about Ray Allen from the arc, and Shaq. Naw, not Shaq. I think Boston has become the old foggie's team. Just whish they could get some more young blood.
    Thanks, I'm out.

    Anonymous ME

    ReplyDelete

Translate