Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ramblings

Dork. That is what I am. I have many traits that qualify me in this category (sadly W.O.W. is not one of them) and they are evident on a pretty regular basis. One of the best is when I am alone and I smile or laugh aloud because I am truly happy and I would quite figuratively explode if I didn't at least grin. The problem is I still experience this when others are around and it looks a bit creepy to just be laughing to yourself or smiling uncontrollably without merit. I also frequently get the giggles at the most in-opportune moments. Last trip I took with my family, we all hopped onto an elevator and there was a lone soul directly across from me. I thought to myself how awkward it would be if I started laughing in that moment and proceeded to giggle for the next 7 floors. He look terrified and my family couldn't have been more embarrassed to get off on the same floor as me. I do things like this all the time. I guess awkward would be a better descriptor.

Silence. Not such a bad thing at the right time. However, in the middle of a conversation or when a group of people are hanging out and there is a lull in conversation, I go insane. I can't resist filling the void. I ramble on and on about the dumbest things and people tend to enjoy laughing at my awkward attempt to regale them so they talk not and force me to live in my own awkward prison for minutes at a time.

Obviously, if you've read any of my other posts or have ever met me, you are aware that I enjoy reading. That is pretty dorky in the time of technology and instant gratification. I can't help it. I love nothing more than the smell of an old book. I finally bought the Harry Potter series tonight after postponing shelling out that much dough for a series I've already read and seen all the movies of, but I am excited. I can't wait to finish re-reading the LOTR trilogy and begin re-reading Harry Potter.

Why I feel the urge to describe myself on this blog, I have no idea. I guess it is a way for me to express myself somewhat anonymously and I rarely share about myself to others. At least not the vulnerable parts about myself. Like the fact that I love writing dark, depressing poetry and that I can feel as low as my poems sound at times. Or that I am not as strong and bullet proof as I play. I view vulnerability and excessive emotion as weakness so I hide anytime I am hurt or upset because I don't want to be pathetic. It can get lonely to always listen and sympathize while my friends and family rarely see me cry or show insecurity.

Don't worry I also enjoy gleeful dorky things and I'm not all gloom. Like Wizards of Waverly Place. I know I am 25 and that show is one of my favorite shows. Also, SpongeBob Squarepants is seriously one of the best shows in the world and I went and saw the movie in theaters opening night. I have a life I swear.

I love music and especially songs you can sing and dance to and when no one is around I go wild and scream my lungs out and prance around my room. I could never let go of control and dance freely if anyone else was around. It's weird because I am not easily embarrassed but I would rather die than have anyone see me dance or try to appear sexy. I am able to do cute anytime, but I'm about as sexy as a turtle.

I guess if you were another turtle that could be pretty attractive and that will work for me, too. I just need to find myself another awkward turtle. Speaking of turtles, TMNT. Leonardo is the best and I will fight anyone who says differently. I have a stuffed Leo turtle that sits atop my bed and he is bad ass. I still sleep with a stuffed animal, so what.

When I tell a story I am unable to use my natural voice. I don't know why I change into a goofy voice, but anytime I am excited or telling a good story my voice goes to crazy mode and I don't even notice I'm doing it. I am a horrible texter because I think of a hundred different things to say and it takes me forever to type it all out. I wish that there was a way to dictate my response to my phone so that it would note sarcasm and clear up a lot of confusion anytime I text anyone. I spend most of my texts telling people it was just a joke or writing a lot of haha's or lol's to clarify the hilarity of my statement.

Rambling is a serious skill that I possess. I love to ramble and I am pretty freaking good at it in case this post didn't give you a clue. I am also great at thinking through several thoughts in my mind and spitting out the last one so that one second we are talking about basketball and the next minute I am asking you about whether or not you like marshmallows in your hot chocolate. With that being said, I bid you adieu and promise to withstand from rambling and blabbing about myself in every post.

I'll leave you with my favorite, and the greatest joke ever told:
What did the zero say to the eight?
0 to the 8
NICE BELT :D

1 comment:

  1. Hey, here is something funny and a little mean you could do. If you have a phone with an answering machine on it you should record a message on the phone. Record yourself saying Hello then wait about 3 to 5 seconds and say your kidding and that this is the answering machine. Works every time especially with insurance companies and the other annoying sort. Be careful though cause some people don't have a sense of humor like my parents.

    Anonymous ME

    ReplyDelete

Translate