Saturday, February 5, 2011

Joshua Radin

Obviously I am a tad bit obsessed with Joshua Radin and rightfully so, stop judging me. As proof for the validity of my adoration I am going to submit lyrics from his latest album because I love them and because I am bored. Both are very good reasons to blog. Also I am fully aware that literally no one reads this unless they are bored so I feel free to ramble and talk nonsensically because who's going to see it anyhow.

Ok, so last night I went to Joshua's concert and it was phenomenal. He was funny and his voice is just as magical in person. He also taught three school kids one of his songs and they joined him on stage during his show! So he's talented and kind. A lot of people know him for his more mellow songs, but his latest album is a great mix of upbeat and chill music. I don't really have too much to ramble on about, so I will let his lyrics speak for themselves. Below are my favorite lines from several of his songs new and old.

"Paperweight," that he sings with Schuyler Fisk is my all time favorite song and I love it in its entirety so I will let you do some work and look them up yourself!

So I crawl underneath my blanket
Where I can hide away, I know I can't take it
'Cause I see now, it's just one of those days
-One of Those Days

We are grown but cannot see
Lost our world of make believe
Simple times now seem so far
-We Are Okay

So let the wind blow
To wherever it says
We are supposed to go

I don't mind the wait, it's fine
As long as you know
It's the wait that could be the something
-Streetlight

Sun shines in the eyes of those who know how to leave the past behind
-We Are Only Getting Better

Everyone gets what they want too fast, these days
No one knows the way to make things last
-The Rock and the Tide

Alive tonight, the beauty is honestly blinding
So take a look around
Almost lost, we finally found the ones tonight
The ones with the light that keeps shining

We will never change
The way we are here
I like that we are kind of strange
So won't you stay near
-The Ones with the Light

And sometimes I need the light
To sleep alone on this weary night
-Wanted

"Brand New Day," is another song that I love the central message of so looks like you'll have to make an effort twice.

I enjoy Joshua Radin's lyrics because they're great to sing along with and is uplifting. His music is a kindred spirit during heartbreak and he also beautifully captures the sheer essence of love's delight. I just really love all his music and think you should listen to him!!

2 comments:

  1. Laura,

    Five hours ago, bored with Calculus homework and not knowing how to do any of these unforgiving problems I found myself reading your blog. You seem to be a very spontaneous and intriguing person, and by the looks of the photos your family looks like a crazy bunch. Alright, Joshua Radin, I'm not much a fan of this genre of music, but I like his lyrics. They seem to be very straightforward and poignant. As I'm listening to "Winter" I kind of like his wistful vocals, they set a mellow relaxed mood just playing it in the background.
    I'm a blink fan and like that genre of music. You probably already heard of this band, Angels & Airwaves. I just the other day bought their I-Empire CD. Its pretty good and the man on vocals is Tom Delonge from Blink-182. They also plan to release a box set containing the film Love, the soundtrack to the film, and the bands fourth studio album Love Part II either today or some time in February. Its a sci-fi kinda movie and the trailer to me looks pretty good. Thanks, I enjoyed reading your blog.

    Anonymous ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just wondering if you liked Angels and Airwaves. I really didn't want to put this on here because I thought you might freak and think me as some weird jerk out in the world, but I live in the same hometown as yours and I was wondering If you would want a copy of the CD. I could burn you one and to maintain my Anonymous status I'll put it in the library downtown within the covers of A Brave New World, my favorite book even if it has a sad ending. Only if you respond to this post will I put the CD there otherwise I'm not gonna waste a cd to be picked up by one of the librarians or someone else and have them take it. Thanks, hope this comment doesn't feel as wierd as I'm typing it.

    Anonymous ME

    ReplyDelete

Translate