Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Adele's newest album 21 is playing on my stereo which means that this is a good day. The sun is shining and I have been rather productive thus far. I find that my mood affects my drive to write and I only have the urge when I am in either a really great mood (which is the case most days and today) or in a horrible mood (but I cuss more when pissed so this is typically reserved for my private journal and not the blogosphere).

Lately I have been feeling really fortunate for all the things in my life and I feel like reflecting on how blessed I am. For those of you reading that are really close to me, you are aware that I was sick with a virus/gastritis/bronchitis/laryngitis for a solid month. I didn't realize how draining it was on me body and soul. This also happened to occur during my desperate search for a job. They say bad luck comes in spades and I believe this is also true for good luck.

A quote I really love is an Indian proverb that states, "When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." I think this quote is beautiful because it is during our darkest hour we see those pockets of light that litter the sky of our lives. I really cherish my friends and family who made me smile when I felt like crying. I also appreciate so much more all the wonderful seemingly insignificant moments of each day. Walking outside and basking in the sunlight is so much more valuable after being stuck inside. It is only after we have been in the darkness that we can fully appreciate the light (be it a glimmer or a beam). I am closer to God because I was forced to trust him when I couldn't control the situation. It is extremely frustrating for me to not have control especially on anything food related because I so love food! But God used this frustrating time to further prove his sustainability and constant and consistent presence in my life.

Now, I am fully functional again and completely content. I am healthy and able to eat without medicine or immediately puking afterwards. I have not one, but two, jobs. I love working at Newk's and I am really excited to start substitute teaching for the Rutherford County School System. God truly is good. I have an amazing family who always makes me laugh and I couldn't live without. This weekend, my precious nephew (Eli, who is now 10 months) took 3 to 4 steps towards me without help! :D Melts my heart. I am surrounded by hilarious and awesome friends! I would say life is good and Adele is capturing my mood perfectly.

4 comments:

  1. Cute kid, pretty soon he's going to be dunking, and shooting it from all the way downtown. Newk's thats a deli correct? Too bad I'm vegan then I would grab me a sangwich if ever I was in town. You were sick? You must've sounded like a raspy old witch. Glad you're much better. Awesome qoute, speaking of stars have you ever gone out late at night to look at the them. I bet you have duh, but you should probably do it on the roof of your house, or someone else's without them knowing like an old lady or something. The best view is always about two or three hours after the sun has gone down in the country side, cause there are no bright lights or buildings standing tall. Just the sound of crickets and millions of fireflies up there with you. It a heck of lot better than any party or crap like that. You should probably consider about doing that with your boyfriend he would probably like that. I always go alone to think about stuff and just stare up at all the magnificence. Try and learn some constellations though other than the Big Dipper and no Orion's belt doesn't count if you can't find the rest of him. My favorite is the Corona Australis better known as the southern crown. Best seen during the warm nights of August(its very faint). It is more important to me than any other constellation in the sky, maybe I'll tell you another time. If you stay their long enough you will alomst definetly see a couple of shooting stars. I go up on my house ever now and then when I take the dog out. Just don't let anybody see you when they come looking why cause its funny to see them looking forever for you. Fletcher, he rides bikes a lot uh? He must be a pretty awesome guy doing that does he do triathlons or races competively? When he finishes He'll get a coveted "unfreakinbelievable" trophy straight from Legend Land.
    I don't really go to church with the family much or pray, I think our preist chants prayers for me "Deus misereatur miserabile animam pueri, Sanctus". Geez, give it a rest man. I mean I still wear the little trinkest like the scapular, crucifix, and I keep a rosary in my pocket, but I dunno I guess we all find God our own way uh? (Oh, by the way I'm Roman Catholic that lives in the south and no I'm not a mexican and no I don't eat babies).
    Adele she's ok, but not my thing. I like stuff more around the lines of Angels and Airwaves and techno, like Daft punk and even Owl City. But I listen to BBC radio on satelite ever now and then. I think I've heard her before, but I changed the station.
    Just joking she has a very pretty voice.
    Glad you enjoying her, and have a great day I'm out.

    Anonymous ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freaking LOVE looking at the stars. My favorite place is at my Grandma's house on Kentucky Lake because there are absolutely no lights and no one ever drives on the street so I lie in the middle of the road and listen to the sounds of night! It's probably one of my favorite things to do in the whole world! I would hang with the boo and watch the stars but he lives in Cali so I only get to see him every few months. I definitely should learn some stars so I can pick them out...half the time I can't find the Little Dipper!

    Fletcher is really cool. Roman Catholic...ay? I like rosaries. I enjoy that you thought it necessary to clarify that you don't eat babies like that is a common misconception of Roman Catholics haha

    Adele is sheer magnificence and you are a fool if you disagree! Just saying! Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, a fool huh. California? Does that mean he is a rad surfer or upcoming new movie star? That would be pretty awesome, but I guess anyone from the West coast is pretty awesome anyways.
    I don't think I could lay in our road even out in da country to many Z-71's drive by. That's why I opt for the roofs of mine or the neighbors.
    Yeah the only thing we eat in church is one piece of Christ Chex, taste like those cheap ice cream cones you get from Wally World, then we wash it down with good ol'alcohol(red wine) straight from Father Russ's liquor cabinet. Just joking about the cabinet I don't think that he has one, oh wait yeah he does its called the Tabernacle duh.
    So you got anything awesome going on this weekend? Its pretty dull over here, just waiting for school to end then I'm headed out into the wild yeah man! Planning to go out to the Ozarks' Current river and do some canoeing and rock climbing. The water is so clear and there is this awesome water cave with an impressive waterfall if I remember the last time we went, but after we climb one of the taller cliffs I'm going to jump into the river from the top my brother thinks I'm crazy, but you only get to live once so who cares. Got butterflies already. Catch later.

    Anonymous ME

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha He is a fool, but he's a marine is why he's in California. He's from Tennessee but he's stationed in Cali for a couple more years. The roof is always a good star watching choice!

    Jealous...us Methodists only get grab juice and we only do communion once a month.

    Nothing planned as of yet, bout to head to eat some delicious pizza and hear some bands play. What state do you live in? Outdoorsman, are you? I really like white water rafting! Have fun cliff diving and try not to die doing so haha I agree with gotta live once. I want to go skydiving before I have a family.

    Adios!

    ReplyDelete

Translate