Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ramblings of a Tuesday

The mood to write has struck and while I have the motivation I am lacking in the inspiration department so rambling is what occurs. This is my warning that any and most everything below will be pure silliness and mindless drivel...read at your own risk.

Fall semester is almost over (only 1 class remains) and I couldn't begin to describe my elation. I really enjoy school, but I am pretty excited to spend some quality time with the friends and family who fell by the wayside during my plummet into work and school. Oh and the books I will be able to read for pleasure, how I have missed those.

Now that I have an abundance of free time on my horizon I am dreaming of the exciting things I will do and I have decided to make a bucket list if you will for my winter break.



First and foremost I fancy a frisk at the Frist. (Nice alliteration, I'm aware). I have lived in Murfreesboro for six years now and have always wanted to spend a day at the Frist and now they have an Egyptian exhibit through January 9th so I am starting my list with this museum so close. I plan on making a full day of it and being super artsy. A pencil and sketchbook will accompany my Diana low-resolution camera for a day of hipster happiness. I can't wait!


After embodying my hipster side I will put my fake glasses away (but never my fake mustache because I love it so) and pull out my newest Duke shirt (it's super awesome and say 903 and Kounting to highlight Coach K's victory count that made him the winningest coach in division 1 basketball ousting his former coach, Bobby Knight, for the title) and some sweet nike shorts and my quilt. That means it's reading time!! I love to curl up in a giant blanket and get lost in a novel. There is a magical quality to reading when it is so cold outside, everything just feels cozier.


Next, and this is my favorite on the list, I will be traveling to the awful little town of Dyersburg. I am amped to see my family and a few close friends and of course peruse Walmart. Elijah, my nephew, is 18 months old and he will actually understand a little of the excitemen that accompanies this season. The Booski and I will go on several adventures together, of that I am sure. Also, my parent's home is the one place in this world where I laugh until I am crying on the regular. I am blessed with one of the goofiest and therefore most badass families around. SO while your family is getting all sentimental and crap, we will be taking pictures in jerseys in OTHER people's yards, having epic nerf gun battles, dressing up in all our clothes because it's Thursday, kicking ass in our band BLUR and just being awesome. (badassery depicted below)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate