Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Broccoli, Chicken & Cheese Casserole

Please tell me why I have not been cooking myself delicious meals all the time? I have no idea why I have gone so long since I cooked something new for myself, but I can tell you that all that is going to change. Today was my first Tuesday to cook a yummy new recipe and boy did I start with a bang. I wish y'all were here to smell the incredible odor wafting through my kitchen and living room. You are missing out.


This recipe is super simple and would be a crowd pleaser for many. Basic ingredients make it a perfect dish to serve to any finicky kids and you are sneaking broccoli into the mix. The gooey cheese wraps itself around the chicken and broccoli to create a meal that warms your stomach. Golden brown bread crumbs add the perfect texture and flavor to tie the dish together.




The recipe I found put the entire dish over rice, but I think it is filling enough without the rice. I would pair it with a nice cut of meat as a side item to really stretch the servings or serve it up as the main dish. This recipe feed 4 adults easily.







Ingredients:
-3 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I used skinless)
-2 cups cooked, chopped broccoli
-2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
-1/2 cup sour cream
-2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I chose mild, but sharp would add a nice kick of flavor or you could use a variety of cheeses)
-1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
-1/2 stick butter, melted
-pepper, to taste

Directions:
1. Add Cream of Chicken, sour cream, 1 1/2 cup cheese, chicken and broccoli in large mixing bowl. Stir and then place in baking dish.
2. Layer the remaining 1 cup of cheese over the top.    
3. Combine melted butter and bread crumbs. Layer this    
mixture over the cheese.
4. Bake at 375* for 30-35 minutes.


Mangez bien, riez souvent, aimez beaucoup
(Eat well, laugh often, love abundantly) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate