Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mulan

A poignant quote from Disney's Mulan is, "The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all."

I might be biased on how meaningful this quote is because I adore Mulan along with most other Disney movies. They are so simplistic in plot, deep in meaning, have great soundtracks, can be enjoyed by all ages and span the test of time. I relate to the above quote because I have made several mistakes in my youth that led me toward a path of trials and struggles to get back to where I should be. I am still striving toward my goals and overcoming adversities caused by a few bad decisions years ago. This quote offers hope and inspiration that what is to come will be beautiful and make me appreciate the hard times.

Thinking of how these few words are so dear to me, has me pondering what other Disney movies are filled with words of wisdom. I list below the quotes I find relevant no matter your age and exquisitely capture moments in all of our lives. Hope these encourage and inspire you:

"Always let your conscience be your guide." -Pinocchio

"A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartache. Whatever you wish for, you keep. Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true." -Cinderella

"You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you. But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew you never knew." -Pocahontas

"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming." -Nemo

"The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it." -Lion King

"Cheer up, child. It'll turn out alright in the end. You'll see." -Beauty and the Beast

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely." -The Land Before Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate