Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1000 Ideas for Writing

I came across this website today that listed 1000 ideas for writing. I decided to challenge myself and my writing and select 23 of the ideas and implement them into 23 individual blog posts. I am attempting to write one story a week, we'll see how that goes!

1. If you could become invisible:

Curiosity killed the cat, but it intrigues me still. If I had the ability to become invisible, I would go to work, school and home and find out what people really thought about me as my first order of business. Then I would do little things to mess with people's minds. Things like opening a door or moving objects around. Also, if I saw anyone in need I would come to their aide.

The most fun I would have is attending all the expensive or a-list events I have dreamed about my entire life. I would sit courtside at both Lakers and Duke games. I would go to countless concerts and enjoy my newfound backstage access. I would tour the world by sneaking onto planes and then wandering the varying countries in which I landed. The only tricky part would be hotel rooms, but I would just sneak in when the maids were cleaning rooms that were going to be empty.

The only downfall would be that I still functioned normally in every other area so I would have to still attend class and work which would be time consuming. However, if I didn't have a conscience then I would rob banks frequently and no longer be required to work, that would free up quite a bit of my time.

If I wanted to be really mean, I would make people believe I was a ghost or start an urban legend in some foreign country like Big Foot. I would be visible one moment and invisible the next and locals would assume I was mystical or otherworldly. I could sneak into friends and families homes and pretend I was part of some dream they were having and tell them funny things they had to do or something they should say to me and then stifle my giggles when I heard it from them.

Honestly, I don't think I could mess with people too much because I would feel too guilty, but other than that being invisible sounds highly entertaining and I wouldn't mind possessing the ability now.

1 comment:

  1. So being invisible, does that mean you can make your clothes invisible?

    Anonymous ME

    ReplyDelete

Translate